The research focuses on an area of AI Education and AI eHealth.
AI in eHealth: AI ChatBot assistant for patients with heart failure. The aim is to develop and scientific evaluate a new interactive Chatbot architecture that combines current deep learning models with symbolic dialogue management.
AI in Education: The research focuses on Artificial Intelligence Automated Planning; Automated planning is being used in various domains for generating processes that require to bridge a current and a desired state of affairs. In this context, I see Learning as a process that guides a learner to bridge her current knowledge and skills to some desired ones. E.g., the generated non-deterministic plans enables learners to track a personalised learning path in order to achieve the desired knowledge.
Furthermore, the research is related to:
- Chatbots using Natural Language Processing and Deep Learning
- Cloud eLearning (a concept coined from the work that have been done during my PhD studies)
- Knowledge representation and reasoning
- Personalisation and self-adaptive systems
- Recommender Systems
- Data mining algorithms, Education data mining
- Sentiment Analysis